Clinical and Administration Systems such as Electronic Medical record (EMR), Hospital Information Systems (HIS), Practice Management Systems (PMS), Laboratory Information Systems (LIS), and Clinical Decision Support Systems (CDSS) play a vital role in improving the quality of care, patient safety, and lower the cost of healthcare.
Some common trends across clinical and administration systems:
- Changing industry regulations such as Meaningful Use, HIPAA 5010, and ICD 10
- Changing business scenarios effecting the healthcare software requirements
- Increasing demand for innovative clinical and administration systems at lower costs
- Access to real time clinical, and administrative information and its analytics
- Need for clinical business intelligence application to reduce the cost of patient care
- Innovative development and testing tools, frameworks, and test case repositories to enable and accelerate the development process
- Rising requirements for interoperability, regulatory compliance - increasing the cost and time for development of clinical and administration systems
- Security of Protected Health Information during information exchange
emids, by the virtue of its healthcare and technology expertise understands EMRs, CDSS, PMS, HIS, LIS systems and applications. emids, with its years of experience working with multiple clinical and administration systems vendors have built dedicated team of domain and technology expertise which enables us in providing various services and solutions to help them.
emids provides a broad range of services for clinical and administration systems by leveraging our healthcare focus and partnership 2.0 approach.
- Product engineering
emids provides end-to-end product engineering services to clinical and administration systems vendors. emids' PE offering spans across EMR, CDSS, HIS, LIS, PMS systems.
emids' domain and technology expertise enables us to provide PE services ranging from Design & architecture, Development, QA & testing to product usability.
- Application management
emids, as part of application management services, provides application maintenance and support, system modernization and migration, and enterprise application integration services to the client's applications such as: information tracking, billing and scheduling, decision support, oncology platform and enterprise applications. Our AMS includes development of modules such as allergies, eRx module, Computerized Physician Order Entry (CPOE) and patient portal to EMRs
emids offers following services and solutions across clinical systems.
- HIPAA 5010 transition and business testing
emids by its virtue of HIPAA EDI standards expertise provides HIPAA 4010 to 5010 transition and business testing solution to Clinical and Administration systems' vendors. The solution is classified into: impact assessment services, remediation planning and implementation and HIPAA 5010 testing services includes independent testing and validation.
emids HIPAA business testing framework can help entities in different areas including gateways testing, claim systems testing, trading partners testing and validation edits.
- ICD-10 transition
emids by its virtue of ICD-9 and ICD-10 code sets expertise, provides ICD-10 transition solution to assist EMR, PMS, CDSS, HIS and LIS vendors to adapt to new coding standards.
emids' streamlined transition solution include: consulting and impact assessment services, remediation, planning and assessment, and ICD 10 testing services
emids' with its in-depth knowledge of interoperable standards such as HL7, DICOM, HIPAA, ICD, IHE, LOINC, SNOMED and NCPDP SCRIPT, can help Clinical and Administration systems' vendors to achieve these standards with perfection.
Our interoperability solution is lined along consulting, developing and testing, maintenance and support, and training
- Certification and Meaningful Use
emids' healthcare and technology expertise has enabled us in understanding the Certification and Meaningful Use requirements for EMRs to get CCHIT® certified.
Our Certification and Meaningful Use solution comprises of assessment services, development services, and validation and testing
emids' domain and technology expertise enable us to develop mobile applications for clinical and administration systems vendors. Our mobile application development services span across Apple iPhones, Google Android and Blackberry
- Our deep domain expertise in healthcare
- Accelerates development cycle time
- Seamless knowledge transfer enabled by higher absorptive capacity of the team
- emids' clinical system's test lab helps our clients in terms of compliance and improved product quality
- Clinical subject matter experts and business analyst ensures thorough requirement gathering and testing
- Our in-depth understanding of data models and tools accelerates the development process
- Out of box healthcare systems development framework ensures timely delivery with quality
- Readymade use cases, templates and test cases for:
- HIPAA 5010 and ICD 10, enables quicker compliance
- Mobility capability building, accelerates development
- Seamless integration, ensures interoperability