HHS mandated two final rules - Conversion from HIPAA 4010 to HIPAA 5010 transaction standards and from ICD 9-CM codes to ICD 10 code sets. These transitions will facilitate the U.S. in it's ongoing transition to an electronic healthcare environment. This mandates the adoption of a new generation of diagnoses and procedure codes, as well as updated standards for electronic pharmacy and healthcare transactions.
By October 1, 2013, the U.S. has mandated healthcare professionals to start using ICD 10-CM for coding of diagnoses in billing as well as other healthcare administrative transactions.
Our years of experience working dedicatedly on the U.S. healthcare space has helped us build frameworks, ICD 10 impact analysis tools, and test scripts, specifically for payers.
Our experienced healthcare IT resource having strong domain and technical knowledge have developed a range of services to assist healthcare payers adapt new coding standards and systems.
To ease ICD 10 transition for payers, emids' different services are:
Using our years of experience working in the U.S. healthcare space, we have developed ICD 9 to ICD 10 mapping tools, and ICD 10 testing tools, with the following capabilities:
- Mapping ICD 9 to ICD 10 using GEM guidelines
- Mapping enterprise work streams
- Test data generation for ICD 10 testing
- Includes a full set of relevant business scenarios
- Trend analysis and reporting
Overview of ICD 10 transition tool
- Approximately 95% automation of ICD 9 to ICD 10 mapping
- Experienced medical coders and technical experts providing smoother transition
- Faster compliance accelerated by
- ICD 10 Transition tool
- ICD 10 Test data tool
- Regular research and development in healthcare by emids' healthcare Center of Excellence enabling innovations in better delivery
- Continuous training of staff on healthcare sub verticals enables effective knowledge transfer and dissemination, understanding of new concepts and high quality delivery